Interstellar Overdrive

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Interstellar Overdrive -- The Business!

It is with great pleasure and even greater humility that I announce the formation of Interstellar Overdrive -- the business! Many of you have wondered what became of my ambition to blog my way through the country with my new 1976 Mercedes 300D. Well, I wonder too to be quite honest. Three main difficulties arose: 1) difficulty to finding internet access at the the overnight lodging. LaQuinta and Hampton Inns are pretty good here, but they are a bit pricey too. 2) difficulty to find the time and energy when the day has been spent driving or checking out cool sites. 3) difficulty due to sudden formation of a business! I guess it was in Hattiesburg, MS where I got a phone call telling me I had won another Ebay auction for a Mercedes 300D. This one is a 1978 black on black model located in Phoenix, AZ. I had little expectation to win this car, but I couldn't help myself in bidding on it. Now the mental machinery had to engage and I sketched out a vague business model. The basic plan is to create a biofuel filling station with a small showroom for recycled diesels capable of running biodiesel or vegetable oil. I have no idea if this will be a profitable enterprise. I'm more concerned with whether I can pay my bills while doing it. I love the concept of a business that can both be successful and help solve some real problems in the world. A great challenge lies ahead of me. Except for some classic cars that I'm trying to refurbish and resell, this thing is just a dream. I will keep you posted on my progress.



1978 Mercedes 300D

This is the Phoenix car. I expect to have this under my wing by
December 29th.

1984 Mercedes 300D Turbo

This is a car I picked up in LA. It needs new paint but the price
I paid easily leaves budget for that.

1975 Mercedes 300D

This car will be shipped from Pittsburg. You should see the
immacualte interior! This is showroom only - not for resale!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home